Depending on the printer type, there are numerous methods to connect your HP printer how to connect. You have to decide, if you want to connect your devices with USB Cable or using Wireless network.
Every HP printer has some unique functionalities to connect to the computer, laptop or mobile devices. We have tried to explain the process for you to take the best decision.
We’ll teach you how to link a supported HP printer to your wireless network in this chapter. Doing so would allow you to print on the same network from a device without having to connect the printer to your computer. Not all HP printers have wireless functionality, so before proceeding, make sure your printer is able to connect to the Internet.
Method: 1 Type: 1 (Connect Automatically)
- Make sure your network and device are compatible. Your device and network configuration must fulfil the following specifications in order to use HP Auto Wireless Connect:
- Windows Vista or later (PCs) or OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later must be running on your computer (Macintosh).
- Your device is wired over a 2.4 GHz link to an 802.11 b/g/n wireless router. Networks with 5.0GHz are not currently supported by HP.
- The operating system of your machine must have power over the wireless network.
- A wireless connection to your network and the operating system must be used by your computer.
- A dynamic IP address, not a static one, must be used by your device (if you have not expressly paid for a static IP address, you most likely have a dynamic IP address).
- Look for apps for your printer. Go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/ and type in the model number of your printer, click Find, and next to the top programme entry, click Download.
- Double-click the file for the software. The printer setup process will open up.
- Turn your printer on. If your printer is HP Auto Wireless Connect compliant, the printer will be ready to connect. This setting will only be maintained by the printer for two hours.
- Follow the directions on-screen until you enter the “Network” segment. Depending on your printer model and device operating system, these can differ.
- Network (Ethernet/Wireless) range. This choice is located at the centre of the page.
- Select Yes, then submit my wireless setup to the printer. Doing so can find the printer and transmit information to the printer from your wireless network.
- Wait for the connecting printer. It may be a couple of minutes before your printer can bind. You can see a confirmation on your computer’s screen until it does.
- Terminate the setup process. By following the rest of the on-screen instructions, complete the setup on your computer. You’ll be able to start using your printer once the setup is complete.
The Method-2 (Connect Manually) – HP printer how to connect
- Make sure your machine has your printer installed. In most cases, all you need to do is connect the printer through a USB cable to your computer and allow its software to be installed, although many printers also have installation CDs.
- Turn your printer on. Make sure that your printer is connected to a power source by pressing the power button.
- If required, trigger the touch screen. Some printers need to have their touch screens folded out of the printer itself or switched on separately.
- You will need to connect the printer to your wireless network using the programme setup process if your printer does not have a touch screen. You will need to uninstall the printer if your printer is already installed, and then reinstall it to connect it to the wireless network.
- Select Configuration. Depending on your printer, the position and appearance of this choice can differ, but it is most often characterized by a wrench and/or gear.
- In order to find the setup option, you may have to scroll down or to the right. You may also have the option to choose Wireless. Tap Wireless instead, if so.
- Network selection. This opens up the wireless settings.
- Pick Network Wizard for Wireless. This will prompt the printer to scan for wireless networks to begin with. You can instead pick the Wireless Configuration Wizard here.
- Your network name is picked. The name you gave to your wireless network when you built it should be this.
- When you set up your wireless network, if you have not set a network name, you will typically see a combination of the model number of your router and the name of the manufacturer instead.
- If the name of your network is not available, scroll down to the bottom of the page, select the area, and enter the name of your network.
- Enter a password from your network. This is the password for your wireless network that you use to log in.
- If there is a WPS button on your router, you can press and hold this button for three seconds instead.
- Select Done. Done. Your credentials will be stored here. Attempts to link to the network will begin with the printer.
- When asked, pick OK. You should be able to print through your wireless network right now.
Hope above examples were helpful to you and you were able to resolve your issue of HP printer how to connect.