Sometimes, when you click on the ‘Print’ button, you can print a particular document and wait for it to be printed. And what you see is that nothing happened there. This means that your printing job has failed and the reason behind it is not known to you. You come to the conclusion when you briefly inspect the printer that this is not the case when printing one document, but with all the print jobs.
There may be a wide variety of explanations why this happens to you and there are also many fixes for it at the same time. So, if you get this issue on your Mac or Windows computer, you may choose to use the below troubleshooting steps to get rid of the problem in no time. The troubleshooting measures are not limited to HP Envy printers, HP Laserjet
printers, HP Deskjet printers, and can also be used on any other printers.
Pause printer instructions for Mac on Mac
One of the most common reasons why this happens to you is because the printing job on your Mac computer has been stopped before. You end up seeing an error when you hit the options button. Click on the ‘resume’ button to start again to stop the printer on the Mac. To diagnose the problem, you can also use the HP Scan Doctor. Follow the steps given below if that doesn’t help:
- To search the queue for printing, go to the Mac Dock.
- Here, check the icon for Print Queue.
- This is seen with a badge that shows trouble.
- To open the Queue Window, click on this icon.
- If nothing appears in the Dock, select the Apple menu.
- Now, choose ‘Preferences for System’.
- Select ‘Print & Check’ after this.
- Now, from the list, select your printer.
- Next, pick ‘Print Queue Free’.
- Click on the ‘Resume’ button to unplug the printer.
Measures to unstopping the Windows 10 printer
Your printer ‘s print queue will stop or pause automatically if the print attempt fails. This typically occurs due to the problem of paper jamming. Another explanation for this may be that when you know that you’re printing the wrong text, you have hit the pause button yourself. Or, you know that you would run out of the paper needed to accomplish the task of printing. Then you fail to resume the job of printing and the next time you print, this bothers you. Follow the steps below to stop the printer from operating on Windows 10:
- You need to check the status of your printer, first of all.
- Open the Window for Computers and Printers now.
- Next up, you need to hover your mouse over your printer’s icon.
- You’ll see a pop-up window showing its status on your computer.
- Check the status of the printer if it delays.
- Go to the Window for Devices and Printers for this.
- First, right-click or tap the name of your printer and hold it.
- Select ‘See what’s printing’ after this.
- Click, or tap, the Printer tab in this stage.
- In addition, you need to uncheck the ‘Use Printer Offline’ menu.
- This resumes the task of printing. Anyway, get in touch with the HP Support team.
Questions Also Asked by Others
(1) What triggers a pause for a printer?
By accident, you could have hit the ‘Stop’ button or there is a paper jamming problem that causes the printer to pause. Click on the ‘Resume’ button to unplug the printer.
(2) Why is my HP printer continuing to pause?
This occurs because of the inability to communicate using the protocol selected. This also occurs when, for printing purposes, you are unable to locate the specified port.
(3)How do I stop my printer from pausing?
Locate the printer entry, right-click it, choose “See what’s printing” and then click “Printer.” The pause will be turned off by unchecking ‘Pause Printing’ from the list of options.