This paper is for Mac computers and printers from HP.
How to Connect Mac to HP Printer with a USB cable. Install the Complete Feature HP Driver to get the most supported features from a USB linked printer.
Move 1: Prepare to set up the printer or How to Connect Mac to HP Printer
Check specifications to plan for the setup of USB connections and installation of drivers.
1. Before you commence, confirm the following specifications and items:
The printer is powered on and in its ready condition.
Obtain a USB cable with a length of less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in).
On your device, there is an available USB port: If you connect with a USB hub or docking station, the printer can not receive enough power to work properly.
2. Disconnect the USB cable on the printer from the device. During the driver installation stage, do not reconnect the cable until prompted.
Phase 2: Install and set up a connection with the driver
A complete feature driver or the HP Quick Start guided installation software is available to download, depending on your printer and operating system version. How to Connect Mac to HP Printer
1. Go to 123.hp.com, enter the model for your printer, and then click Start. Depending on the version of your printer and operating system, you can learn How to Connect Mac to HP Printer. Download the HP Easy Start Guided Driver Install app or you may be redirected to the HP Software and Driver Downloads page to install the full feature driver.
• If you download HP Quick Start, follow the on-screen instructions to set up and configure your printer. In this section, you do not need to complete the remaining steps if the setup is efficient.
Continue to install a driver from the HP website with these measures if Easy Start fails or your printer is not listed on 123.hp.com.
2. If prompted, go to HP Software and Driver Downloads, enter your printer model, and then check that the version of the operating system is right.
3. Under Driver-Product Installation Program, click Download next to HP Easy Start or Full Feature Driver, depending on the option shown, and then open the HP Easy Start or HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder or browser bar to start the installation process.
4. If a form of printer connection is prompted, pick USB.
5. Make sure that HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected on the Install Screen, if your printer has a scanner to allow full scan functionality.
6. If you are prompted to add a printer to your printer queue, select your printer name, click the Use or Print menu, pick your printer name from the pop-up menu, and then click the Add button.
7. To complete the installation, return to the HP installer or How to Connect Mac to HP Printer
8. Depending on your printer’s features, attempt to print, scan, or fax.